Replacing a Video Source File
This topic covers how to replace a video source file using the Media module.
Steps to replace a video source file
To replace a video source file, follow these steps:
- Click Media in the navigation header to open the Media module.
- Click the link for the video you want to replace the source file for.
- Locate the Video Files section and click Replace Source File.
- The Upload module will open in another tab. Confirm that the Upload module indicates that you are replacing a source file.
- Select an ingest profile to use.
Note: Videos that were initially transcoded using a Dynamic Delivery or Context Aware ingest profile can only be retranscoded using one of those ingest profile types. Videos transcoded using a Legacy ingest profile can be retranscoded with any type of profile.
- Use the Upload module to upload a new source file.
- Check Keep existing thumbnail and poster images to keep the existing thumbnail and poster images. Uncheck the option to have new images generated from the new source file.
- Click Process to begin the transcoding. A Processing Complete message will display. Note that there will be a delay before the updated renditions are available. Check the Upload Date values in the Video Files section of the Media module to verify that the new renditions are available.