Quick Start: Publishing a Video to the Web
The objective of this Quick Start is for you to be able to publish a video to the web using the Media module.
After completing this Quick Start you should be able to:
- Publish a video to the web
The Media module is used to publish videos and playlists. Playlist publishing is covered later in this Quick Start. To publish a video to the web you will:
- Select the video to publish
- Select the player to use
- Select the type of publishing code
For this Quick Start we will be using the Brightcove Default Player. The Brightcove Default Player is created by default in all Video Cloud accounts. In a later Quick Start we will create and style our own custom player.
When publishing players to the web, two types of embed code are available:
- Standard - Iframe embed code. Recommended for most cases. This type places the player inside an <iframe> tag.
- Advanced - In-page embed code. Allows the player to exist in the the HTML page directly, not in an iframe. This offers developers the benefits of ease of accessing the player and associated properties and events.
You also have the ability to get the URL to the published player. This is useful for viewing the player in a browser. The following video tutorial will give you an overview of publishing videos using the Media module.
Hands-on Task: Publishing a video to the web
In this task you will publish a video to the web.
Publishing a single video
- In Video Cloud Studio, click Media to open the Media module.
- Click the check box next to the Brown Pelican video and then click Publish > Brightcove Player (Web).
Note: For information on the other publishing options, see the corresponding document:
- Email - Publishing a Video to Email
- Social Networks - Publishing Videos to Social Media Platforms
- Gallery In-Page Experience - Publishing Videos to an In-Page Experience
- Confirm that the Publishing dialog opens.
- In the Select a Player dropdown list select Brightcove Default Player.
- Click the URL below the preview player to open it in a new browser tab. Confirm that the video appears and can be played.
Note: Click Shorten to generate a shortened URL.
- (Optional) Email the URL to your mobile device. Click on the link and confirm that the video plays on your mobile device.