To learn about the general approach concerning the architecture of this sample app, specifically authentication and AJAX implementations, see the examples that use HTTPRequest.
The high-level application logic for this app is as follows:
- Gather user data necessary to access account
- On button click, perform AJAX call to retrieve all player info
- On AJAX call success perform the following:
- Inject JSON response data into HTML page
- Dynamically build HTML that displays player info in an ordered list and inject that into HTML page
Find all the code associated with this sample in this GitHub repository.
Using the CodePen
Here are some tips to effectively use the above CodePen:
- Toggle the actual display of the player by clicking the Result button.
- Click the HTML/CSS/JS buttons to display ONE of the code types.
- Click Edit on CodePen in the upper right corner to fork this CodePen into your own account.
- Find all the code associated with this sample in this GitHub repository.
In order to build your own version the sample app on this page, you must create and host your own proxy. (The proxies used by Brightcove Learning Services only accept requests from Brightcove domains.) You can download two versions of our proxy code: