Enabling DRM for Live content
To enable DRM for your Live content follow these steps:
- In ADVANCED OPTIONS > Content Encryption. Select Digital Rights Management(DRM) from the Encryption dropdown.
- An additional Token Expiration option will appear, allowing you to select the time in minutes with a minimum expiration time frame of 900 minutes and a maximum of 2,592,000 minutes (the last equal to 1800 days).
- In the Event Information Panel, you will be able to see the DRM URLs for Fairplay and Widevine.
- To publish a DRM-enabled event, click Publish and Embed > Player Configuration in the left navigation.
- In Live Player Options, select a DRM enabled player. (For Live DRM playback you will need to select or create a DRM enabled player v6.37.1 or greater).
- If you don’t have a DRM player available, go to the Player Module > Select or Create a Player > Playback in the left navigation. Select the “Enable DRM” option. (The Player for Live DRM playback has to be v6.37.1 or greater).
- Back in the Live module, you will be able to select your DRM enabled player and Publish your DRM event.