New Video Cloud Studio
Video Cloud Studio now has a mega menu for selecting modules. The mega menu replaces the current header and allows for more modules to be added in the future.
Player-level Logo Overlays
The Players module now allows image overlays to be configured as part of the styling options. For more information, see Styling Players.
Custom Field Support in Custom Reports
Custom field values can now be selected and displayed in custom reports. For information on creating custom reports, see Creating Custom Analytics Reports in the Analytics Module.
Brightcove Native Player SDKs
Brightcove Player SDK for Android 4.8.3
Brightcove Player SDK for iOS 5.1.2
Brightcove Player v5.6.2
- Updated HLS to 3.3.0 from 3.1.0
- Fixed a bug in IE where loadedmetadata was not firing
- No longer timeout segment requests if there is only one playlist left or if we are on the lowest rendition available
- Fixed a bug where sometimes the first segment was not fetched when it should have been
- Added an algorithm to seek over gaps in the video element's buffer when they are created because of missing video or audio frames
- Moved the AES decryption logic to it's own project
- Fixed an issue where an error was thrown when disposing a player
- Fixed an issue where an error was thrown in iframe players in Safari only
- Fixed an issue where controls were transitioning too early in IE11
- Fixed some minor IE8 compatibility issues
- Added a Player Information modal
- Replaces the old "debugger" that previously existed
- The modal provides useful information for customer support. It can be invoked by right-clicking (or via a long touch on devices that emit touch events) and selecting Player Information from menu
- Subsequent events of this sort (right-click/long touch) will trigger the default behavior (i.e. the native context menu)
For updates to the Brightcove Player, see the Brightcove Player Release Notes.