Developing with the Brightcove Player training is now available on demand. See this link for the training.
New Video Cloud Studio
Remote Asset Editing
Remote asset videos can now be edited using the Media module. For information, see Working with Remote Asset Videos.
Sticky Sort in Media module
When users select to sort by a particular column in the video list view, Video Cloud Studio will remember the sort selection. When users navigate away and come back or login again, the video list will default to the sort order that was last selected.
Preview Player Update in Media module
The preview player in the Media module video details page has been updated to a 5.1.x player.
- The Add to Playlist modal now displays 400 playlists to select from
- The cue point editor now supports millisecond level cue points (using a decimal point in the seconds field)
- Videos added to manual playlists will be added to the beginning of the playlist instead of the end
- Video counts for folders will now display in the sidebar
- An Ad_keys field has been added to the video properties
Brightcove Native Player SDKs
Brightcove Player SDK for Android 4.8
Brightcove Player SDK for iOS 5.0.5
Brightcove Player v5.1.14
- Update to video.js v5.9.0
- Removing the "controls" attribute from in-page embeds now disables controls
- Fixed an issue where toggling the mute button cause strange volume behavior
- Fixed an issue where setting the "skin" property to false would still include some styles
- Fixed an issue where some control bar elements in the Graphite skin were not keyboard-accessible
- Fixed an issue where the "Big Play Button" in the Luna skin was not keyboard-accessible
- Fixed a capitalization mistake in German translations
- Fixed an issue where chaptered video was not showing the chapter icon in the progress bar
For updates to the Brightcove Player, see the Brightcove Player Release Notes.