|Video Cloud||New Studio||Express I, Express II, Express III, Professional, Enterprise |
This topic provides an overview of the Video Cloud Studio interface and modules. Video Cloud Studio allows you to manage your video publishing workflow across desktop, tablet and mobile devices.
To access Video Cloud Studio, navigate to: https://studio.brightcove.com. Sign in with your email address and password. The homepage provides the ability to:
Note: The Video Cloud Studio session timeout is 24 hours.
Viewing system notifications
The Video Cloud Studio header will display a bell icon when there are system notifications available. Clicking the icon will display the list of system notifications.
The Video Cloud Studio header will display a warning icon when there are system issues. Clicking the icon will open the Brightcove System Status page.
The Video Cloud Studio settings menu can be accessed from the ADMIN menu. The Video Cloud ADMIN menu provides access to:
- Manage Users - Manage the users who are authorized to use Video Cloud Studio
- Account Information - View information about the current Video Cloud account
- Upload Settings - Provides options to customize the Upload module
- Ingest Profiles - Manage the ingest profiles in your Video Cloud account
- Video Fields - Mark standard video fields as required and also view, create, and modify custom metadata fields for the account
- Media Sharing - Share videos to other accounts
- Analytics Settings - Manage the reporting time zone
- Player Settings - Provides the option of using basic user name and password authentication for access to the Player Management and Delivery System APIs
- YouTube Sync - Push videos in your Video Cloud account to any of your YouTube user or branded channels
- API Authentication - Create and manage API credentials
- Legacy Media API Management - Create and manage legacy Media API credentials
- Billing - View billing information for the account
Note: You must be an account administrator to have access to the ADMIN menu.
Selecting an account
If you have access to multiple Video Cloud accounts, the Video Cloud account selector can be used to select the Video Cloud account you want to access. To switch accounts, click on your name - account in the top right corner of Video Cloud Studio. The current account is indicated with a dot preceding the account name.
Click the My Profile link to update your user information and password. For more information, see Managing Your Profile.
The Video Cloud Studio menu provides access to the Studio modules. Access the menu by clicking HOME.
Note that the modules that display are based upon your Video Cloud subscription and user profile.
- Upload - Upload videos to your Video Cloud account
- Media - Set video properties, organize videos using folders and publish videos
- Analytics - View analytics on video and player performance
- Players - Create and style players and generate publishing code for players
- Live - Create and stream live events
- Gallery - Create video portals for your video content
- Social - Distribute videos to social media accounts
- Audience - Connects video analytics from Video Cloud to marketing automation platforms
You may or may not have access to some of the Legacy Studio modules.
Viewing the dashboard
The Video Cloud Studio homepage displays the Video Cloud dashboard. The dashboard contains a series of "cards" which provide high level metrics on the videos in your account. The following cards are available:
- Video Views - Displays number of video views per day for the time period selected. Clicking the See Video View Details link will open the Performance Report where you can view video performance.
- Account Summary - Displays total number of videos and players in the account and the number of recently created and updated videos. Clicking on a number will open the Media or Players module.
- Device Type - Displays type of devices used to watch videos for the time period selected. Clicking the See Video Views by Device Type link will open the Performance Report where you can view video performance by device type.
- What's New? - Displays Video Cloud product update information
- Top Trending Videos - Displays videos with the most views for the time period selected. Clicking the card title link will open the Performance Report where you can view video performance.
- Viewing Regions - Displays viewer locations for the time period selected. Clicking See Video Views by Country will open the Performance Report where you can view video views by country.
The Video Cloud Studio language can be changed by changing the language in your profile. Currently, English, Spanish, Japanese, French and Chinese are supported. For more information, see Managing Your Profile.
Pressing the ? key on the Video Cloud Studio homepage will open a list of the shortcut keys that are available.
Pressing the f key in any of the modules will open the fast finder. The fast finder can be used to locate videos, players or other modules and then access them using the keyboard.