Customizing the Content of Portal Experience Pages
In this topic you will learn how to customize the content of portal experience pages.
Objects such as text, images and links can be added to portal experience pages allowing you to customize and brand your video experience.
Note: Some pages also provide the ability for the player layout to be changed. For more information, see Changing the Player Layout on a Portal Experience.
Adding objects to pages
Using the Site Editor, you can add objects such as images, text and links to a page. Start by editing an experience and then click PAGES in the left navigation. The page template will display placeholders on the page and a pencil icon () indicates objects that can be edited. These placeholders can be used to add images, text and links to your page. Note that the placeholders that appear will be based upon the template that was selected when the experience was first created.
Adding text to a page
Text can be added to a page in a couple of different ways:
- By clicking on the +ADD CONTENT link
- By clicking on any of the text placeholders on the page
Add text by clicking on the +ADD CONTENT link
To add text to the page by clicking on the +ADD CONTENT link:
- Click on the +ADD CONTENT link.
- Select Text and then click Save.
- Click on the PLACEHOLDER that is added to the page and enter your text. Click Save when done.
Add text by clicking on a text placeholder
Pages will contain numerous text objects where custom text can be added to the page. A pencil icon indicates that the element can be edited.
To add your text:
- Click one of the placeholder objects.
- Enter your text and click Save.
Adding an image to the page header
Images will be resized (never upscaled) based upon the template. The image uploader may display recommended image dimensions depending on where the image is being used. JPEG, PNG and GIF images are supported. To add an image to the page header:
- Click the +ADD CONTENT link.
- Select Upload and then click Save.
- Click on the +Add Photo link. The image browser dialog will open.
- You can upload a new image or select a previously uploaded image. To upload a new image, click the Choose File button and then browse and select an image from the file system. Click Save when done.
To select an image that has already been uploaded to this site, click the Browse link. Select a file and then click Save.
Adding navigation links to the page header
Navigation links can be added to the top of the page and provide a way for users to navigate to other parts of your site. To add a navigation link to a page:
- Click +Add Link in the page header.
- Enter the Link text and Link URL. Check New Window if you want the link to open in a new browser window. Click Save when done.
Additional navigation links can be entered by clicking +Add Link. To edit a link, click on it.
Adding navigation links to the page footer
Navigation links can also be added to the page footer. This is useful when you want to have a title and then a series of links below. For example:
The page footer navigation object consists of two parts, a PLACEHOLDER for the title and +Add more for the link.
To add navigation links to the page footer:
- Click PLACEHOLDER, enter a value for the header and click Save.
- Click +Add more and enter the Text and link URL You can also specify the order of the links by setting the List Order value when the link is created.
Additional navigation links can be entered by clicking +Add more.
Deleting objects from a page
Text, images and links can be removed from the page in a couple of different ways.
To remove text or images from the page header
- Click the chasing arrow icon in the page header associated with the text or image.
To remove navigation links from the page header
- Click the link in the navigation header.
- Click Remove.
To remove navigation links from the page footer
- Click the link in the page footer.
- Click Remove.
To remove the title from the page footer
- Click on the title in the page footer.
- Clear the title text and click Save.