Creating an In-Player Lead Form
In this topic, you will learn how to create a lead form that can be displayed in an Audience-enabled player.
Note: For publishers using Internet Explorer, version 9 or newer is required.
Lead forms can be used to capture viewer information during video playback. Audience lead forms allow you to select from a set of fields and the form data is saved locally in Video Cloud. Custom lead forms allow you to enter custom HTML and are typically used when the form HTML was generated from a marketing automation platform. For more information on creating lead forms with a marketing automation platform, see one of the following topics:
- Creating Custom Lead Forms for Oracle Eloqua
- Creating Custom Lead Forms for Marketo
- Creating Custom Lead Forms for HubSpot
- Creating Custom Lead Forms for Salesforce
Creating a lead form
To create a lead form, follow these steps.
Configure the form contents
- Open the Audience module.
- Click Lead Forms in the left navigation. If any lead forms have been created, they will be displayed.
- Click Create Lead Form.
- Give the lead form a descriptive Name.
- Select a Lead Form Status.
- Select a Form Language.
- Select the Form Timing. The form timing determines when the lead form will be displayed.
- Check Require submission to watch video to require that the lead form be submitted to watch a video.
- Checking Always show the lead form even if the lead is already known will always show the lead form even if the lead is already known. If not checked, the lead form is not displayed if the lead is known.
- Select the form type.
- Audience Lead Form - Form is built using a default layout and set of fields, data is saved locally in Video Cloud
- Custom Lead Form - Provides the ability to enter custom HTML (typically from a marketing automation platform), data is saved in the marketing automation platform
- Enter a Top Message. The top message is what will be displayed at the top of the lead form.
- Select the fields to display on the lead form. A maximum of 4 fields can be selected.
- Enter the button text to be used for the Cancel and Submit Button.
- (Optional) Click Preview Form to open a preview of the form. The preview dialog can be used to preview the form on mobile, tablet or desktop devices. Click Close when done.
- Click Save to save the lead form.
The lead for can be edited by clicking the Edit button.
Assigning a lead form to a player
To assign a lead form to a player, follow these steps:
- Click Audience Players in the left navigation.
- Locate your player and use the Lead Form dropdown list to select the lead form.
The setup is now complete and you are ready to capture lead information. When a video is published using an Audience-enabled player, the lead form will appear according to the form timing settings.