Brightcove Player Accessibility
In this topic you will learn about the Brightcove Player accessibility features.
The Brightcove Player can be controlled using the keyboard. By tabbing to the player controls, the following keys can be used to control and manipulate the player:
- Big play button - Press Space or Enter to play
- Play button in control bar - Press Space or Enter to toggle between play and pause
- Progress bar - Use up or right buttons to jump forward 5 seconds, use down or left buttons to jump back 5 seconds
- Full screen - Press Space or Enter to toggle between full screen and not full screen
- Volume slider - Use up or right buttons to increase volume, use down or left buttons to decrease volume
The Brightcove player is compatible with screen readers on desktop browsers as well as iOS and Android devices.
The most recent tests are against the WCAG 2.0 AA standards using the following:
- TalkBack on latest Android
- VoiceOver on iOS 9+
- Windows Narrator with IE10+
- The latest version of JAWS on Windows with IE11, Firefox and Chrome on Windows
- Mac OS VoiceOver with Safari, Chrome and Firefox