Managing Viewer Data
The manage viewer data option allows you to search for a user and then either remove that user or export that user's data.
Note: Typically when integrating with a marketing automation platform (MAP integration) the data retention period setting is used to control how long data is retained.
Note: You must be an account administrator to access to the Manage Viewer Data menu.
To manage viewer data, follow these steps.
- Open the Audience module.
- Click Manage Viewer Data in the left navigation.
- Enter the user to search for. Typically this will be one of the following values:
- Email - When using Audience tracking and an Audience lead form is used or with SSO integrations
- User ID - When using SSO or custom integrations
- Custom GUID - For anonymous users
- External GUID - When a MAP integration is being used
- If a match is found, select an action:
- Delete Viewer Data - Remove viewing and lead data for the user
- Export Viewer Data - Export the lead and view event data for the user. The lead data will contain the data that was entered into an Audience lead form. The view event data contains all of the view events for the viewer.