New Video Cloud Studio
Brightcove Player Support in Live Module
When creating new events in the Live module, Brightcove players can now be used.
YouTube Distribution Updates
The YouTube Distribution feature has been enhanced to handle scheduled start dates on videos, privacy status, and one-way synchronization. For more information see Distributing Video to YouTube and Setting the Privacy Status for a Video.
Image Upload in Media Module
You can now upload your own video poster and/or thumbnail image in the New Studio Media module within the video details page of any video. For more information see Uploading Video Poster and Thumbnail Images.
Image Capture in Media Module
You can now capture your own video poster and/or thumbnail image in the New Studio Media module within the video details page of any video. For more information see Capturing Video Poster and Thumbnail Images.
Ability to set player domain restrictions
You can now configure players to restrict playback to specified domains. For more information see Configuring Player Availability.
Complete Required Metadata Support in Upload Module
Users can now upload videos and all required fields (standard and custom) will show up in the upload module to be filled in. If all the required metadata is not filled in when uploading, the video will be uploaded in an inactive status. For more information see Uploading Videos Using the Upload Module.
UI Improvements and Bug Fixes
- Publishing modal improvements - easier access to the player URL
- Ability to batch activate/deactivate videos from the list view
- New Studio UI style changes
- Video count for smart playlists is now displayed in the "all playlists" list view
- Fixed the sort order of 'Favorite' playlists in the sidebar
- Fixed issue with multiple player deletion in the Players module
- Creating new manual playlist and folders no longer takes you to the blank/empty view
Brightcove Player SDK for Android 4.3.9
Brightcove Player SDK for iOS 4.3.3
Brightcove Player v1.14.15
- Improved mp4 fallback source selection
- Improved basic playback support for older Android devices
Brightcove Player v1.14.12
- Switch quality levels faster when bandwidth degrades unexpectedly
- Fix an issue that could reset playback to the live point when switching HLS quality levels
- Fix an issue that caused some HLS streams to begin playback in 4:3 aspect ratio