Creating a Video Clip Using Brightcove Social
In this topic you will learn how to create a video clip using Brightcove Social.
Brightcove Social provides the ability to create video clips from existing videos in your Video Cloud account. There are several reasons you might want to create a clip:
- To create a short, teaser clip that can be posted to social media
- To limit the length of a video that you want to post (most platforms limit the length of videos)
- You have found that shorter videos perform better on social media
Creating a clipAfter a clip is saved, it will be saved as a video in your Video Cloud account. Follow these steps to create a clip.
- Open Brightcove Social.
- Click Videos in the left navigation. A list of videos in your Video Cloud account will display.
- Click on the video to create a clip from and then click Create Clip. The clip editor will open.
Note: In order to create a clip, the source video must have at least one MP4 rendition available. If the Create Clip button is disabled, the video may not have an MP4 rendition available.
Note: You cannot create a clip from another clip. If you selected a clipped video, the Create Clip button will be disabled.
Note: You cannot create a clip from a video that has DRM enabled (lock appears in the video thumbnail) and was transcoded using a legacy ingest profile. DRM enabled videos transcoded using a Dynamic Delivery ingest profile can be clipped. If a clip can't be created, the Create Clip button will be disabled.
- Enter a Clip Name.
- Drag the handles that appear on the timeline to trim the beginning and end of your video. You can also enter specific start and end times using the edit fields. More precise control when editing may be achieved using the keyboard shortcuts. When you are done, click Continue.
Note: The player in the clipping modal will scrub to within a frame or two of the actual frame at the time displayed. The behavior is the same whether you use the mouse to drag the sliders or use the keyboard shortcuts to set the clip points. The clip editor clips at exactly the times provided.
- Review the clip information. The Clip Name, Tags and any custom fields created for the account can be edited.
Note: You may want to remove tags that will cause the clip to appear on your existing playlists or to be auto-synced to a social destination.
- When done, select an option:
- Save - Starts transcoding and then saves the clip in your Video Cloud account.
- Save & Publish - Starts transcoding and then saves the clip in your Video Cloud account. You also can select the destination(s) to publish the video to. There may be a delay for published clips to appear on your social media sites as the video must be transcoded.
- Cancel - Discards the clip.
Clips that are saved are transcoded using the ingest profile designated as the Social clipping default for the account. For information on setting default ingest profiles, see Managing Ingest Profiles.
Note that when creating clips, the entire source video must be downloaded. For longer source videos, it may take longer before the clip is available in your Video Cloud account.
Note: The clip source file name will be set to the same source file name as the source video.
Using keyboard shortcut keys
More precise control over the clipping can be done using the keyboard shortcut keys:
|J or ←||Back one frame|
|K||Play / Pause|
|L or →||Forward one frame|
|I||Mark current frame as in point|
|O||Mark current frame as out point|
|Space bar||Play / Pause|
|⇧ + I||Go to in point|
|⇧ + O||Go to out point|