Creating an Audience-enabled Player
This topic provides an overview of how to create an Audience-enabled Brightcove player.
Video engagement data will only be recorded when video content is viewed inside of an Audience-enabled Brightcove Player. There are two ways to create an Audience-enabled player:
Creating a new player using the Audience module
Before creating an Audience-enabled player using the Audience module, the Audience module should be configured with at least one data connection:
- Marketo (Munchkin)
- Marketo (REST APIs)
- HubSpot (REST APIs)
- HubSpot (Client-Side APIs)
- Custom integration
Note that Audience Tracking is provided by default. To create an Audience-enabled player using the Audience module, follow these steps.
- Open the Audience module.
- Click Audience Players in the left navigation.
- Click Create Player. A new Audience-enabled player will be created and appear in the list of players.
- Using the Connect To dropdown, select the data connection that the player will use.
- (Optional) Using the Lead Form dropdown, select the lead form that the player will use.
Enabling Audience on an existing player
To Audience-enable an existing player, follow these steps.
- Open the Players module.
- Click on a player name to open the player properties.
- Click Audience in the left navigation menu.
- Check the Enable Audience option.
- Use the Connect To dropdown to select an Audience connection.
- (Optional) Use the Lead Form dropdown to select a lead form to use.
- Click Save. A message will appear indicating that you have unpublished changes.
- Click Publish & Embed and then Publish Changes to publish the change to the player.
- Return to the Audience module. Click Audience Players in the left navigation.
- Confirm that the player appears in the list of Audience players.